The baby’s skin is soft, smooth, and smells heavenly. But, because of this, babies require delicate skincare. Their skin has no natural barrier when born, so it is essential to choose organic baby products for them. Their acid mantle and immune system are also developing during this time. Sticking to using natural products will help maintain their supple skin and prevent skin problems.
Some benefits of using organic products for your little one includes:
- These natural products do not have harsh chemicals on them; thus, promoting optimal health to the skin.
- They are safe for use for the sensitive skin of the baby. Sensitive skin is susceptible to infections brought about by bacteria and pathogens. These products are safe for the baby’s skin and will not trigger a reaction, as they have no harmful chemicals.
- The use of organic products contributes to the happiness of your baby over time. If your child is not going to be sick from harmful chemicals, , it will positively impact your child’s overall health and well-being.
- Organic baby skincare products are also good for the environment. By using these products, you help preserve the planet.
Tips for Maintaining Baby Skin Care Routine
- Opt for soap-free products
It is possible to bathe your baby without soap. Soapless products are formulated without alkaline and harsh fat content. Find a baby wash that nourishes the sensitive skin of the baby without soap in it. A non-irritating baby product can soothe dry skin and diaper rashes.
- Avoid products with fragrance and dye content
Adults enjoy using skincare products with various fragrances on them. However, it is a different story for those adorable babies. These kinds of products can lead to breathing problems and irritate their sensitive skin.
Fragrance can also stay on the baby’s skin for a few hours, which can put your child at risk for respiratory and skin damage. To avoid such concerns, stick to organic baby products because they are free of fragrant and coloured products; thus, reducing the risk of immune deficiency diseases.
- Use products without phthalate and paraben
These two are chemical substances that are often included in skincare products as preservatives. The skin absorbs lotions quite fast, including these harmful chemicals. Several studies indicate that these ingredients contribute to different diseases and cancers. Since a baby’s skin is extremely sensitive, they are more at risk to these medical problems.
- Look for products that increase skin barrier
Considering that the skin of babies is still developing, their skin barrier is not that strong. You can help reinforce your baby’s skin barrier using organic baby products, as these are specifically formulated for sensitive skin and non-irritating. These skincare products can help combat rashes, eczema, and dryness, while moisturising and strengthening the skin.
Be always watchful of your beloved baby because their fragile condition warrants extra attention. By being aware of any changes in their skin or behaviour, you can easily spot a problem, which can indicate something serious, particularly if you are using a new product. As soon as you notice rashes or other problems, contact your paediatrician, so they can identify the problem and recommend an effective solution.